Click here to read the Disclaimer and Warning.
Chapter 13: Rent
I woke up disoriented. I was naked in a large and very comfortable bed, sprawled half across a warm, well defined body. My hard cock rested against my companion's hip, my left leg, slightly bent, draped over him with his dick pressed into my thigh. In my barely awakened state I traced my hand lightly over his chest and shoved my nose into his neck, inhaling the natural, musky, all-male aroma. I felt his arm curl tighter around me, as he pulled me in closer to him.
Mm, I thought and let out a contented sigh, Edward.
"Morning Gour-Jas," the voice startled me, as it was not Edward's but one more accented, British. I pulled myself away from his neck and looked up curiously, my disappointment fading quickly as memories flooded back once I saw his smiling face.
"Rick," I said, most definitely pleased to see him. "How long have you been up?"
"Not long. Maybe 30 minutes."
"You should have woken me," I chastised.
"Why? I enjoyed watching you, feeling you lying on top of me. If only every one of my mornings could start out like this, I'd be a much happier man."
"That would be nice," I agreed, and felt a bit melancholy that this moment would probably never be repeated. "Ever consider moving to America?" I asked, only half joking.
"Not until today," his tone was similar to mine.
I purred contentedly and leaned over to nuzzle his chest, the thought that even for a microsecond he might have considered moving across the ocean to be with me filling me with satisfaction. I shifted my body and my lips trailed lower to his belly button, a beautiful little innie that was just begging for a tongue fuckin', which I gladly provided. His stomach rumbled loudly against my ear.
"Hungry?" I asked with a laugh, looking up to find his face scrunched up sheepishly.
"A bit. We had dinner early last night. How about you?"
My stomach echoed Rick's and I laughed out loud.
"I guess so. Should we go out?"
"I was thinking breakfast in bed, followed by my favorite Yankee snack."
I blushed. I had been thinking about the same thing, though my snack was definitely of the British variety. Apparently I'd turned into quite the Anglophile.
"Breakfast in bed sounds great,"
"Fab," he reached over to the nightstand to get the folio with the room service menu, I moved up to sit next to him and we both looked over the selections. Rick called in the order.
"It'll be up here in 20 minutes. How about joining me for a quick shower?"
"Sure. Let me text my dad first to let him know I'm all right. He's cool, but he'll worry if he doesn't hear from me."
"No problem, I'll get the water started."
I set a quick text to my dad letting him know I was with friends and didn't know yet when I'd be home. Then I followed Rick to the bathroom where, as promised, the shower water was already pre-warmed and Rick stood underneath the spray, looking unbelievable with the water cascading down his fabulous body. I couldn't get into the stall fast enough.
Time was limited, so although it was difficult, we stuck to just washing each other. Even that was tough to handle. Feeling his soapy hands on my body and running my hands over his skin didn't do anything to tamp down my arousal. My only saving grace was that he wasn't doing any better. I knew we needed to eat, but I cursed the timing that kept me from going down on him right then and there. I couldn't even remember what I had ordered from room service a few minutes ago, thinking the only thing I really wanted to dine on was Rick's fantastic cock and delicious cum. I was only startled out of my thoughts when Rick leaned into me to suck on my tongue, which I must have subconsciously used to moisten my lips at the thought of giving him head. And hell if him sucking my tongue didn't make me that much harder, so all I could think of was that he had better follow through on what he was promising.
We stepped out of the shower and dried each other off, then put on the thick terrycloth robes provided by the hotel. Our timing was perfect. There was a knock on the door as soon as we exited the bathroom. Rick opened the door to let the busboy to bring in the food tray and set it down on the table. If he thought there was anything unusual in serving breakfast to two guys in their bathrobes, he didn't show it, and I wondered if he'd already delivered similar orders to our friends down the hall. Rick signed for the bill and we were once again alone. Rather than trying the balancing act in bed, risking spills that might get in the way of other activities, we decided it would be quicker and easier to eat at the table. We were both starving so we talked little, diving into our food instead. It was only towards the end of the meal, as we were both enjoying our second cups of coffee, that we slowed down and actually found time for conversation.
"So what do you have planned for when you return to Seattle?" he asked.
"Not much beyond school. I suppose I should start looking for someone to sublet my room, but I doubt anyone will be interested at this time of the year. And Emmett and Seth seem to be all right with me staying with them for a while."
"And our resolution? Are you gonna start dating?"
I ran my hand through my hair nervously.
"I guess. You know, I've never actually done that before." I didn't really count dating Emmett, since he and I had been so comfortable with each other before we ever went out.
Rick laughed. "So I've heard. You know, it's not that hard. You get a bite to eat, you chat, you grab his prick to make sure there's enough there to keep your interest, you take him home and fuck him . . ."
"Is that what you're gonna be doing when you get home, then?" I asked before he finished so that I wouldn't have to respond. He lowered his head.
"Sure," he said, though he sounded anything but. "I do wish I had done things differently, though. I was such a git."
"What do you mean?"
"That day we met you, I should have realized what Greg was trying to do when he brought you over. I finally figured it out, but not until after H. and I were already back together and Greg had started seeing Viktor. I mean, he loved me and I loved him too and I know now that if I had gotten my shit together last summer when H. and I were split up and actually saw what was staring me in the face all along, Greg and I would be together right now. And I can't help but think what if I were to. . . "
"Stop right there," I said sharply, causing him to look up at me, surprised. "Listen, Rick, I could say nothing here, because I want to believe you are not this stupid. And I'd also like to think you don't have a ghost of a chance of succeeding, even if you actually are this stupid. But in the interest of sparing you a lot of pain and embarrassment let me tell you this: Greg and Viktor are solid. Any moron can see that. If you think for a second that Viktor is just going to step aside and let you worm your way back into Greg's bed and life, you're a much bigger idiot than I gave you credit for. But even if you're not concerned about Viktor, you should listen to me. It's obvious that Greg and Viktor love each other and are very happy together. They may not always feel that way, and if their relationship falls apart naturally and you want to try to get back with Greg at that point, that's fine. But in the meantime, if you do one fuckin' thing to sabotage them or try to break them up, I swear to you I will find a way to make you suffer in ways you have never imagined, and I will make sure that you continue to suffer for the rest of your miserable life.
"Greg loved you enough to leave you alone while you were with H. because it was what you wanted. If you love him at all, instead of just being a selfish prick, you owe him the same respect and courtesy. And if you don't do it out of love and respect for Greg, then do it out of fear of me. Because I will come after you hard. And I guarantee you, what I do will be far more unpleasant and longer lasting than the inevitable thrashing you'll get from Viktor." Throughout my monologue my voice had turned colder and colder until, at the end, it was dripping ice. Rick stared at me with wide-open eyes. He shook his head, and stared at me again.
"Bloody hell, Jasper. You just sound like someone out of the fucking Godfather," he was trying to sound casual, but I could tell that he had taken what I said to heart. "I bet not a lot of people see this side of you."
I inclined my head in agreement. "Not a lot of people have to."
"Well, um . . ." he hesitated. "You're right, of course. That was a pretty stupid thought."
I inclined my head again.
"But I'm glad I said something."
I re-sharpened my gaze on his face. What the fuck was he playing at? Did he think I was kidding?
"Because if I hadn't you would have never reacted like this, and seeing that was the hottest fucking thing ever," I watched his eyes hood with lust. "And forgive the bluntness, but all I wanna do right now is fuck you into oblivion."
I stopped breathing for a moment, sensing the atmosphere in the room change instantly. My cock sprang up underneath my robe and I felt that familiar tightening inside. He was already shrugging out of his robe. He pulled me out of my chair, loosened the belt knot and pushed the robe off my shoulders, pressing his naked body against mine in the process. He pulled down my head so that our lips came together and we took turns exploring each other's mouths with our tongues. He walked me backwards to the bed and pushed me gently so that I fell onto the mattress. I expected him to follow, but he veered off to the bathroom, returning quickly with a towel, a bottle of lube and a box of condoms. I raised my eyebrow with a smile.
"You're certainly well prepared considering you knew H. wasn't coming with you."
He shrugged.
"You never know. It's better to be prepared just in case than to be frustrated for lack of planning," he tossed the items he carried onto the bed and leaned forward to crawl over to me. "Besides, aren't you glad I had this much foresight?"
He was on top of me and kissing me again, so all I could do in response was let out a muffled "mmm hmmm." We stopped talking altogether and the morning became a blur of skin sliding on skin, hands and lips exploring, grasping, caressing, licking, sucking, saliva and lube slicking surfaces and orifices in preparation, and then the two of us lying side by side, with Rick behind me, stroking me with his hand while smoothly driving his cock into my ass, brushing against my prostate with each thrust so that I could barely from any coherent thoughts and finally stopped trying, just giving myself over to the pleasure and the building tension and the ultimate climax. After we both descended from our euphoric highs Rick used the towel to clean us up, then tossed it aside and, gathering me in his arms, shifted us so we could slip beneath the covers again to fall asleep. We woke up hours later to the sound of the telephone and told the others that we would meet up with them for dinner, hanging up before showering and repeating the entire delicious sequence again.
That evening was the last time I would see them on this trip, so we all went out for a casual dinner where our friends noticed and smiled their approval at the way Rick and I held hands and exchanged smaller intimacies. It wasn't a relationship. It could hardly be that with so many miles about to stretch between us. But it was what we'd both needed right then and we and our companions knew it. After dinner Peter and Marcus joined us and we headed to a club where they too noticed the change between Rick and me. Peter frown at first, then relaxed as I assured him that neither Rick nor I had any continuing expectations.
"It's good to see you so happy, Babe," he said into my ear so I could hear him over the pounding music and squeezed my hand, ignoring Marcus' brooding glare. I wanted to talk more with him, but the noise of the club and the lack of privacy made that impossible, so I made a mental note to call him when I returned to Seattle to find out what was going out with him and Marcus.
The club was far enough from my dad's apartment that it would have made sense to take a cab, but when the evening ended Rick and I were not quite willing to call it a night, so we walked and talked all the way home, until we exchanged one final kiss and I put him in a cab to his hotel. It was hard watching the cab drive away. I knew that both Rick and I still had feelings for Edward and H., and maybe Emmett and Greg too, and that there wasn't much between us above an intense physical attraction and a bond over the similarity of our situations, but I still enjoyed our time together and would have liked for it to continue. Yet I had to go back to Seattle and he and the rest of the Brits had to go on to ski in Vermont before heading back to England. The holidays were over. Real life was rearing its ugly head.
The next day my dad dropped me off at the airport and, after another excruciatingly long flight, I landed in Seattle, where Seth was scheduled to pick me up. I made my way to the luggage carousels and waited for the contents of our plane to unload while looking around for Seth. Finally I spotted him a few carousels away and waved, smiling at his outfit of white leather pants and jacket that he wore over some sort of a silver metallic shirt. Apparently someone forgot to tell Seth not to wear white before Memorial Day. I was still shaking my head when I saw him start running towards me and then launch himself at me, wrapping his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist, locking lips with me in a hard kiss. Instinctively my arms wrapped around him to support him, but my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets in shock. I pulled my head back to look at him.
"Seth, what the fuck?"
He threw his head back in laughter, then wriggled down off me. He kept laughing his head off as I was getting more and more pissed. When I saw no explanation was forthcoming, I turned and walked away to the other side of the carousel. I had no idea what was going on. I just knew I was not in the fuckin' mood. I had enough cash with me from the holidays to cover the cab ride home. Seth could stay here and fuckin' laugh himself to death.
I was pulling my suitcase from the carousel when I felt his hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, Jasper. You're not mad at me, are you?"
I didn't answer, pulling my suitcase towards the door leading to the cab stand. He jogged up to walk next to me.
"Aw, come on. I didn't mean anything. I just always had this fantasy of doing that, like re-creating a scene from a movie, but I've never had to pick anyone up at the airport before. And the expression on your face was just priceless! But I didn't mean to make you mad. Come on. Forgive me?"
He had bounced to stand directly before me and was looking up at me with his patented pleading pout. I took a deep breath and pursed my lips, still not ready to let go of my anger.
"Come on, Jas. I just boosted your status with every queer guy in this terminal. I mean, who the hell would not want me jumping all over him upon arrival? Instead of being mad you should be thanking me."
I shook my head in disbelief, but my anger was fading, slowly replaced by amusement. "You're too much, Seth."
"Oh trust me, honey, I know! And they all do too," he said, sweeping his hand over the terminal, "That's why they're all envying you right now."
My eyes followed the sweep of Seth's hand, resting for a moment on the back of a man who was walking away briskly in the other direction. The gray wool pea coat, the messy bronze hair . . . Could it be? But why would he. . . ? The man disappeared into the crowd. I stood up on tiptoes hoping to spot him again to confirm or deny my suspicion, but he was nowhere to be found.
"What are you looking for, Jas?"
I looked back at Seth. "Nothing," I said "I thought I might have seen Edward, but my mind must be playing tricks on me."
Seth frowned and looked back, but as short as he was I knew he wouldn't be able to see anything. "Jas," he hesitated, suddenly serious.
"I know, I know. I need to get over him."
"Yeah, you really do. We need to find you someone else to focus on, to take your mind off him. It's just infatuation, you know. You think it's love, but as big of an asshole as he's always been to you, that can't possibly be it. So we just have to find you someone else. That's all."
"Well, Seth," I said, draping my arm around his shoulder as we made our way to his car, "it just so happens that finding someone else is my New Year's resolution."
Other than Seth's staged welcome, my return to Seattle was surprisingly anticlimactic. I settled into my winter quarter class schedule, almost pleasantly surprised that Edward and I had no classes together this term. It made it that much easier to avoid him altogether. The few times we ran into each other at the apartment building I tried not to look at him because I couldn't handle the responses he offered -- either a complete refusal to acknowledge me or a silent, hate-filled glare. Both hurt like hell, despite knowing that I was better off without him. So with Seth and Emmett's help I learned Edward's schedule, and tried to time my comings and goings so that I wouldn't have to see him at all.
Em and Seth both approved of my New Year's resolution, and tried to help me by setting me up on dates with some of the guys they knew. I dutifully went out on each blind date, but none of the guys set off any sparks, much less started any fires. It's not that I didn't have fun with them, because I frequently did. And it's not that all of them weren't very nice and sweet and funny and good looking, because, of course, Seth and Em were looking out for me. And even though I never let it get that far, I was sure they would have been kind, considerate lovers, since they all had Seth's seal of approval. But they were all missing that essential something that I couldn't name, but I knew I needed. As infrequent as my accidental contacts with Edward were, there was no question that I still burned for him as much as ever. Not one of the boys Emmett and Seth introduced me to could even come close. Besides Peter, Rick and Laurent, there had only been one person who managed to momentarily make me forget about Edward, and I had only seen him for a few minutes over a year ago. Still, on occasion I couldn't help but stare at the number I had programmed into my mobile in the fall of my senior year.
A part of me wondered why the fuck I was even considering calling this stranger, but deep inside I knew. His actions that night had been so forward, so fuckin' hot, I nearly got hard just remembering it. And for once I wanted to see someone who hadn't already been filtered through Seth or Emmett, which on the UW campus was no easy task.
One night I finally gave in. Why the fuck am I hesitating? I thought. What's the worst that can happen?
I pressed the send button and watched as the phone dialed James' number. He picked up on the third ring.
"This is James," The answering voice left no room for confusion. My throat suddenly felt dry.
"Hi James, you probably won't remember me. We spoke at a charity cocktail reception about a year and a half ago. I was with the piano player and . . ."
"Let's see," he interrupted. "Tall, blond, devilishly handsome, gorgeous blue eyes, am I missing anything?" He paused and when, stunned, I didn't say anything, he continued, "How are you, Jasper? You've kept me waiting."
Hot damn! He managed to make me hard again with just the sound of his voice. How the fuck did he do that? Oh, yeah, I guess a guy remembering me exactly after more than a year could be a bit of a turn on. Had he really been waiting for my call?
"Jasper, are you still there? Don't tell me you called just to tease and disappear again."
"No! I mean yes! I mean, I'm still here. I just didn't think . . ."
"You didn't expect me to remember you? Why? Clearly you remembered me, and it must have been a pleasant memory for you to call."
"Right, well, yes . . . I mean . . ." Jesus, Jasper, get it together. He'll think you're a complete freak.
"Jasper?" the voice breaking through my thoughts was smooth, silky and commanding. Though he made my name sound like a question, it was also a demand for attention.
"Yes?" There. I could handle a single word response!
"I'm absolutely thrilled that you called. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of something right now and can't talk, but I would love to see you again. Would you like to meet me for coffee tomorrow afternoon?"
"Yes." I didn't have to think about my answer.
"Do you have a favorite café?"
I didn't have a favorite, per se, but I rattled off the first neighborhood café that came to mind. I knew from experience that in the afternoons it was nice and quiet, a perfect place to get to know someone.
"Great," he said, "How about tomorrow at 4:00?"
"Four is perfect," I stammered.
"Good. It's a date, then. I'll see you tomorrow."
"See you, James."
We hung up and I was nearly overcome with nervous excitement and anticipation. I appreciated that I would be meeting him in a familiar, public place, with no secluded coat rooms, because I didn't know if I was ready for much more than conversation, yet I knew if there was an opportunity of going beyond that and he proposed it again, I would most likely agree.
The next day, as I set out for the café, I got so nervous I very nearly turned around and walked back home, but by the time the thought occurred to me I was already a block away and, even though I was early, I could see him waiting for me outside. He was dressed in black leather jacket over a pair of jeans and the casual look suited him as much as the formal wear I'd seen him in last. I watched him check me out from afar and I was glad I'd taken more care with my outfit than I normally would, selecting black jeans and a black and navy patterned long-sleeved polo to wear under my bomber jacket. The smile that signaled his approval of my appearance made my stomach tighten pleasantly. Feeling just a little bit more confident and comfortable, I smiled back.
"Jasper," he said when I made my way to the door. He circled his right arm around me in a decidedly masculine embrace, though in the process his cheek brushed against mine and his lips landed near my ear as he whispered, "You're even sexier than I remembered."
I blushed, surprised how, with just a few select words, he managed at once to completely unnerve me and to turn me on. Thankfully I didn't have a full on boner, but things were definitely stirring south of the border.
"Thanks," I mumbled. "You look great too."
I wasn't lying. He might not have been conventionally handsome enough to stand out in a crowd, but there was definitely something about him that commanded attention. He had a certain aura of power and confidence that drew me in the same as the first time I'd met him.
He held the door open for me and motioned me inside. We walked up to the counter together and I ordered my usual latte, reaching to my back pocket for my wallet. He placed a restraining hand on my arm.
"Please," he said pleasantly, but in a tone that discouraged argument. "We're together," he indicated to the girl behind the counter, and the way he said the word together sent pleasurable shivers down my spine.
We waited in silence as our orders were prepared, then took them to a table for two at an out of the way corner of the café. Still not speaking, we each took sips of our respective drinks.
"I was very happy to hear from you," he began, when it became obvious that I was too tongue tied to start the conversation. "I'd just about given up hope," his eyes twinkled and his pinky finger brushed against mine as he sat down his cup.
I looked down into my own cup, not really knowing how to respond. What could I say, after all? 'I was still in high school and couldn't get a ride to Seattle,' even if technically true, didn't have quite the right ring for this conversation.
"I've been sort of . . . in transition." I finally managed. It wasn't exactly forthcoming, but it was accurate.
"You only recently came out?" he asked perceptively and I nodded. "I had a feeling that may have been it, judging by your reaction when we first met. I'm sorry if I came on a little strong."
"Don't be. I . . . I liked it," I said, blushing again. "You certainly made an impression," I added, feeling myself growing uncomfortably hard.
He smiled a sexy, enigmatic smile and took another sip of his espresso.
"As did you, Jasper. As did you." He put down his cup again, this time covering my hand with his completely, possessively. "There were many times I regretted merely giving you my phone number and not getting yours in return."
I looked down at our hands and I felt desired and wanted, and it felt good.
"I probably wouldn't have given it to you," I answered honestly. "Back then, I just wasn't ready."
"And you are now?" He managed to make even this most basic question sound like a caress. I wasn't sure I'd be able to speak, so I just nodded.
"Well, then I'm glad you waited to call. I wouldn't have wanted to waste this opportunity by forcing you to move too quickly, before you knew exactly what you wanted."
I nodded again, and drank some more of my coffee.
"May I tell you something, Jasper?" he asked, and I smiled at the excessive politeness.
"Of course," I replied.
He removed his hand from mine only long enough to turn my hand upside down so that he could trace random patterns on my palm with his fingers. His light, seemingly innocent touch, was actually quite erotic.
"When I saw you last year at that reception, I was incredibly attracted to you. As a result, I may have been overly forward. Since that night I've thought of you periodically, and I wondered if my memory was just playing tricks, remembering more than was actually there. I should have trusted my first impression. Seeing you today just reinforced everything I felt that night. I mean, when I saw you walking towards me earlier, it felt like time hadn't passed. If anything, you were even more than I remembered.
"But I realize that this may be a delicate time for you and that you're not at the same stage of your life as I am, so I want you to know you can set the pace for us, whatever makes you comfortable. I don't want to scare you away again by coming on too strong. I want you to be sure if and when you want to be with me."
I swallowed hard again. I was pleased that he was willing to give me time to adjust to the situation, but I realized I didn't feel the need for it. Since coming back to Seattle I'd been looking for someone who turned me on like this and now that I found him, I didn't want to be careful or go slow. I wanted him to take the lead and show me all the things I'd been missing while I'd been hiding in the fuckin' closet.
I took a deep breath, leaned in and said "I'm already sure I want to be with you, and I'll be comfortable with any pace you choose."
He looked at me searchingly. Noting my sincerity, he drained the rest of his espresso, stood up and held out his hand. I gave him my hand eagerly and he pulled me up swiftly so that I fell against his chest. He clasped our other hands together and held both of my arms straight down so that they were slightly behind me, forcing me to arch my back and press my groin and chest tightly against his as he locked our lips in a hard, passionate kiss that left me dizzy with its intensity. I got weak in the knees when I felt our erections rub against one another and moaned excitedly, completely forgetting that we were in public. Fortunately, he was more aware of our surroundings than I, and pulled back upon hearing a pointed throat clearing from one of the other tables. He smiled a self-satisfied smile as he gazed into my lust-filled eyes.
"Well, then, Jasper, I think it's the perfect time to introduce you to the comforts of my bed. Is that something that might interest you?"
"Abso- fuckin' – lutely." I whispered.
"Interesting choice of words," he said with a soft chuckle, "and I couldn't agree more."
We walked to his car and I nearly choked when I realized he drove a Jaguar XJ. I admired the sleek black body, thinking this was the perfect car for him. Of course he noted my interest and commented that he'd be happy to let me take the car for a spin sometime. I smiled, liking the fact that there was a future component to our conversation. I would be fine with this even if it was just a one-time thing, but the idea of an on-going relationship held even more appeal. Unless I had drastically misjudged him, I knew one date with James would not be enough to satisfy the craving he inspired.
I should have expected it, but I was still surprised when he pulled into the garage at one of the new downtown condo buildings where I was sure the least desirable unit had to cost several million dollars. And James' unit was anything but undesirable. Located on the corner of one of the top floors, it had gorgeous views and a wonderful open layout that really took advantage of them. I really felt like I should be pinching myself, not quite believing that someone as sexy as James who lived in this kind of luxury could be not only unattached, but actually interested in me.
After we took off our jackets James fixed us drinks and we sat on the buttery soft leather sofa in the living room. We talked or, rather, I answered James' questions. He seemed to want to know everything about me, which I found immensely flattering. I told him a little about growing up in Houston, my parents' divorce, then moving to Forks and how much I disliked small town life, where I could never really be myself. With some trepidation I explained that I was a freshman at UW, hoping that my extreme youth would not be a turn-off for him, and was glad to see it seemed to have no impact. I explained that I just came out in December and that this caused problems with my roommate, which was why I was staying with Emmett and Seth.
"These are gay friends of yours?" he asked.
I confirmed and explained how lucky I had been to have met them and how important their support had been since I moved to Seattle, especially since my family didn't yet know I was gay. James nodded thoughtfully.
"So you just came out recently," James stated, almost as if in confirmation. "Have you had any relationships yet?"
I shook my head, explaining the set-ups arranged by Seth and Emmett.
"So I hesitate to ask, and please don't feel you have to answer if I'm being indelicate, but just to understand exactly what we're dealing with here, have you ever been with a man?"
I blushed and nodded. "Not in Seattle. But once in Paris last summer, and in New York. They were just friendly flings, pleasant experiences. Since I live here they could not be anything more."
James gave me a long look, then drained his glass and set it off to the side. Sensing a shift in the dynamic I followed suit and watched him slide closer to me, face inching towards mine.
"Good, because we won't have to go as slowly as we would if this had been your first time," he placed his hand on my shoulder, then ran it down my arm. Just that simple contact through the shirt was enough to make my skin tingle. "Assuming, that is, that you still would like a tour of my bed?"
I nodded, filled with excited anxiety. James finally closed the distance between us and kissed me, leaning against me until my back was pushed into the corner between the back of the sofa and the arm rest. The kiss was aggressive, masculine, demanding, and I was more turned on by it than anything I had ever experienced. He took control and I willingly followed his lead. It wasn't long before my arms and legs were wrapped around him tightly as he carried me to his bed, where he made me feel things I'd never felt before.
He was an expert lover and knew exactly where and how to touch me to elicit the greatest response, using his talented lips and hands to draw out the best fuckin' orgasm of my life. Then, as I was still basking in the afterglow, he prepared me and slipped his hard length into me, pounding my ass with his cock until we were both beyond the edge of ecstasy.
I didn't go home that night and from that day on James and I were nearly inseparable. During the daytime he worked and I went to school, but in the evenings we'd go out to dinner and talk about art or literature or philosophy or current events, all serious, adult subjects that I'd never discuss with any of my friends. After dinner we'd go to his condo for a nightcap and fuck until we were thoroughly exhausted. Then we'd fall asleep for a few hours only to start the whole cycle over again the next day. On Saturday and Sunday, when James didn't have to work, we slept in and lounged around, eventually leaving the apartment to check out a new exhibit at the Experience Music Project, grab something to eat and go shopping.
Shopping with James was an experience in itself. I had never been a big fan of the kind of unplanned, haphazard, luck of the draw shopping my mom liked to do, but as in everything else, James was an expert and calculated shopper. He knew exactly what he wanted and the best places to get it. In each store we went to he was familiar to the staff and they had already had things selected to fit his taste. Money was clearly no object and I tried not to let my eyes bulge too much when I noticed prices on the tags. Fortunately, most of the places we went to apparently thought pricing the merchandise was too gauche, taking the "if you have to ask you can't afford it" approach. James never asked. He did, however, insist on buying as many things for me as he did for himself, including a new suit for the symphony concerts and Operas he wanted to take me to, along with the dress shirts, ties, and shoes to go along with the suit.
"Don't be silly, Jasper," he told me when I tried to protest. "I work hard for my money so I can use it to spoil myself and the people I care about. It makes me happy to buy these things for you."
And with that he'd won the argument, because I definitely liked making him happy.
Emmett and Seth didn't know what to make of this new development in my life. I'd told them about James before I went to meet him at the café but, of course, at that time I had no idea what our meeting would turn into. I met up with the two of them for lunch a few of days later and got teased mercilessly about my "glow," but I didn't even try to protest because I actually did feel something like a glow and a lightness in my step that I never remembered being there before. Being with James was indescribable, so I did a piss poor job explaining it to Em & Seth, but it was easy to see that I was happy. Still, I saw a nervous look pass between them as I told him about his age, what he did and where he lived.
"Jas, this guy sounds really great and I'm really glad to see you this happy, but don't you think you're moving a little fast?" Seth asked.
I frowned. I'd agreed to meet with them so I could tell them about what was going on, not to invite fuckin' rain to my parade.
"I'm not doing anything with him, Seth, that you don't do with several guys every week. What's the fuckin' big deal?"
Seth sat back in his seat, eyes narrowed. I could tell I had ruffled his feathers and I instantly felt bad. I hadn't meant to go on a personal counteroffensive.
"I'm sorry," I said, "I didn't mean it the way that sounded. I just meant I'm having fun dating for the first time in my life. It just so happens that I found one person to do that with while you prefer variety."
Emmett looked at Seth and I had seen that look before. He was silently asking Seth to be patient, not to get too agitated. Emmett was always the most even tempered of the three of us.
"I think what Seth was trying to say, was that you're really focusing a lot of your energy on just one person. And there's nothing wrong with that. By why the rush? Why every night? You don't want to lose yourself completely again just as you're starting to discover who you really are."
I saw red. So this is what this was all about? They thought I was losing myself again? Like I did with Edward, no doubt. I already knew how much they thought of that relationship. And maybe they'd been right on that score, but they were wrong here. I wasn't losing myself. Far from it. For the first time I was discovering things about myself I never even knew. Being with James made me a better person. Still, as I considered it more, I realized that they hadn't even met James. They couldn't possibly know how wonderful he was. I needed for them to meet him so that they could see for themselves why I didn't want to spend any more time away from him than I had to.
"Okay," I said, "How about I bring him over so you can meet him? Once you get to know him you'll understand better why I feel the way I do."
Emmett and Seth looked at each other again, once more relying on those silent communication skills they'd developed during the years of living together.
"Sure," Emmett said. "We'd like to meet him. When?"
"Well, I need to check with James first," I frowned. I could wait to ask him tonight, but then coordinating schedules might get tricky. This was really the best time to make the arrangements. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.
"Hi, Jasper," he said, "This is a surprise. You don't normally call during the day." His voice was pleasant , but slightly strained.
"Hi James, sorry if I'm disturbing you."
"I am a bit busy. But I always have time for you."
"Okay," I said, flustered, "I'll make this quick. I'm having lunch with my roommates, telling them all about you, and I realized I'd really like y'all to meet one another. Could we maybe spend one evening next week at their place for pizza and beer?" I arched an eyebrow at Seth and Emmett and they both nodded their approval.
He was silent for a moment and I was getting nervous.
"Sure, Jasper. That would be fine. What day?"
"How about next Tuesday?" I looked to Em and Seth. Neither seemed to have a problem with the day.
"That's fine. I have to run, though, so we'll talk more tonight?"
"Sure, James, thanks. I . . ." I stopped myself just in time, shocked that I had almost said those dreaded three words. Where the hell did that come from? How could I even think that after only dating a man a few times? "I'm really looking forward to dinner tonight," I covered, but one look at Em and Seth told me that they saw the slip.
"Me too, Jasper. See you,"
Thankfully it didn't sound like James had noticed. Thank God for small favors. How the fuck would I have explained that one to him. Surely it would have sent him running in the other direction to have a love-sick kid in his life.
I looked at Em and Seth, both of them still looking pensive.
"So, what's new with you guys?" I asked, trying to draw attention away from me. One last look and they apparently decided to indulge me, because we spent the rest of the meal talking about Seth's latest conquests and a guy Em met in one of his classes. I could tell, though, that they were still uneasy.
"Just be careful, Sugar," Emmett told me after Seth had left. "Your heart may not be healed enough yet for you to start giving it away."
I looked down at the table, embarrassed how easy it was for them to read me. "It feels good, though, Em," I said, looking back up at him. "Suddenly everything fits. When I'm with him, I don't think about Edward. He's really great and he cares about me. You'll see when you meet him. Just keep an open mind, OK?"
"All right, Jasper. I'll keep an open mind. But you keep your eyes open as well and try not to get so swept up in everything that you lose control."
That Tuesday I was super nervous. I skipped a lecture so I could stay home and clean the apartment, making sure that everything was perfect for James' visit. Thankfully Em, Seth and I were all fairly neat, so it wasn't too overwhelming of a task. But still, I fretted all day, feeling like this was some sort of a test for the three most important men in my life and wanting everything to meet all of their expectations. Seth and Em, both of whom were home by early afternoon, saw that I was agitated and tried to reassure me. When that failed, they stayed out of my way as I re-arranged books and CDs and ran the carpet sweeper over the living room rug for the countless time. Finally, at 5:30, my phone rang and it was James announcing that he'd just left work and would be at our place shortly. Having already learned his favorite toppings, I phoned the pizza place to place our order. So far, so good.
I ignored Seth's eye rolling and kept a watch on the parking lot, flying to the door excitedly as soon as I saw him pull into one of the visitor spaces. I had spent a good deal of time debating whether I should wait for him up here or go greet him downstairs. Now I couldn't remember what I'd decided, but I knew I wouldn't be able to wait for him to walk upstairs, so I jogged out the door and down the stairs, meeting him in the lobby.
"James!" I exclaimed, "I'm so glad to see you! I can't wait for you to meet Seth and Emmett."
He was carrying a shopping bag which he now put down so that he could pull me into his arms for a deep kiss. He pressed me up against the hall way wall, his pelvis grinding into mine, forcing me to groan helplessly.
"I will be on my best behavior tonight, Jasper, and I will make a good impression on your friends, because I know this is important to you. But know that I would much, much rather spend tonight in bed with you, watching you writhe beneath me as I fill your sweet little ass with my hard cock." I whimpered as he kissed me hard again while grabbing my hand and moving it to massage his erection.
"There . . . There's no reason why we can't still do that after we're done here, is there?" I asked, a bit breathless. And then my breath caught as I looked behind James and saw Edward, standing in the doorway to the building, watching us with a pained expression. Feeling the sudden change in my demeanor, James moved back a bit and looked over his shoulder.
"What the fuck are you looking at?" He asked Edward menacingly.
Edward's face became a frozen mask.
"Two goddamn queers who ought to get a room instead of forcing other residents watch their aberrant behavior."
James' hands curled in to a fist and he turned around. He looked ready for a fight, but I could not allow that, not before our evening with Em and Seth. I wrapped my arms around James' waist and pulled him backwards to me.
"Don't stoop to his level, Sweetheart. It's just some ignorant, bigoted jerk. We have some great plans for the evening, Let's not let this ruin that."
I looked at Edward as I was talking, but he had refused to meet my eyes. Instead he pointedly looked away and walked past us on his way upstairs. I kept my arms around James, making sure he didn't follow. Just then the pizza arrived and James threw a large bill at him, much larger than the cost of the pizzas, and asked me to carry them upstairs. He retrieved the bag that he had put on the floor and we both made out way up to the apartment.
Em and Seth were impressed that James paid for the pizzas and brought every one's favorite beer, already chilled, along with a cooler filled with four frozen beer mugs.. They knew, of course, that I had told him their favorite brands, but I could see this little gesture on his part was already working -- there was more approval, at least in the case of Emmett. Seth took a little bit longer, but as we all sat around the table eating pizza and joking around, I could see he was warming up to James as well, especially after James readily and openly answered all of his not so subtle questions about his past relationships. I watched James, and in many ways I was seeing him for the first time, because I'd never seen him act so casual, so down to earth. This wasn't exactly the James I knew, but it was the James he needed to be to make this night a success for me, and I was thrilled and flattered that he would go to so much effort just to make sure he impressed my friends.
It was only after we left and made our way back to his car to drive over to his condo that he finally let down his guard and allowed some of the annoyance he must have felt all evening to show.
"I know that must have been a bit painful, James, but I'm so happy you came and made Emmett and Seth fall in love with you."
"I did this for you, Jasper, because I know these boys are important to you, basically the equivalent of your family, but please never ask me to do anything like this again. I don't have time or inclination to socialize for fun. Socialization in the right circles is done solely for the purpose of business networking. Socialization with friends and family should be kept to a minimum, because all I really want to do is to spend time alone with you. I have you and you have me, and what more do we really need? Don't you feel being with me is enough?"
"Of course I do," I assured him. "I love spending time with you. And we really don't have to spend a lot of time with Em and Seth. I can always just call or meet them for lunch when you're at work."
"Yes, that would be preferable. Let's make that happen."
We got into his car and drove to his place, and the conversation on this subject was over, especially since soon thereafter he had me writhing beneath him just as he'd promised, and I was loving every minute of it way too much to think about anything else.
I saw Em and Seth the next day and they reluctantly agreed that James was a good guy and assured me that they would stop making comments. Needless to say I was thrilled. Not only was I darned right on the verge of falling in love, if I wanted I could shout it from my gay rooftop! My life was finally coming together.
The next week and a half brought no change to the little patterns established between James and me. We ate out at night, talked, and then fucked. On the weekend we went to another museum and then did more shopping. It was all so comfortable and predictable. And that's when James threw me a curve ball and invited me up to a nearby resort lodge for the whole weekend. And of course, despite my unease with the change in our routine, I agreed to go.
I tried not to look at him too much as we drove to the lodge, not only because looking at him distracted me and almost always derailed my thoughts right into the bedroom, but also because I was nervous. We had spent a lot of time together in Seattle, it was true, but this would be the entire weekend of just him and me in a remote place. Would I be able to hold his interest? What if he got bored with me? What if we ran out of things to talk about? It was a bit startling to realize how much I needed for him to desire and approve of me and how much it would hurt if he'd suddenly changed his mind about wanting to be with me.
But why would he change his mind? This weekend was his idea. Clearly he wants you and wants to be with you alone. This is a good sign!
My mental pep talk helped boost my mood a little, but nervous butterflies still danced around my stomach, so it was a bit startling to feel him pick up my hand and bring my knuckles to his lips.
"Don't be so nervous, Honey. You're gonna love it, I promise. We'll have a great time. I've really been looking forward to this."
I leaned back in the seat and turned to him with a smile. Somehow he always sensed my mood and knew how to calm me. I didn't say anything. I wasn't quite ready to articulate my feelings and I hoped the smile said it all for me.
We arrived at the lodge and it was gorgeous, tucked into the wilderness beside an amazing waterfall. I was absolutely stunned and thrilled.
"You approve?" James asked as he took out our overnight bags from the trunk. Instead of answering him, I just planted my lips on his, throwing everything I was feeling into the kiss. He chuckled as he pulled away. "I guess so," he said.
We checked in and walked over to our room, which was stunning. Tastefully furnished and decorated, it held a king size bed topped with sumptuous looking bedding, a comfortable sitting area, a wood burning fireplace and a two-person jetted spa tub. My heartbeat quickened as I thought about what James and I could do on that bed, in that tub and in front of that fireplace. Just a few minutes in the room and I was already hard and ready to go. And James knew it.
He came up behind me and reached to the front to rub my cock through my pants, his own erection pressing into my ass. "I'm so glad you like this, Jasper. We're going to have a wonderful time here."
I leaned back into him and rested my head on his shoulder as he nipped at my exposed neck.
"You taste absolutely delicious, Honey," he said, his voice low and sexy as all hell, "and I'd really like to continue, but that would ruin the arrangements for the rest of the night, so we'll just have to wait a little while longer."
"All right," I consented, but I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. I was absolutely ready for us to keep going.
"Come on," he said as he pushed me forward so I was standing on my own again. "Let's unpack. Then we have reservations at the restaurant for dinner. And then our evening can really begin."
We had dinner at the lodge restaurant. As always, James selected our food and wine impeccably. Ignoring the surprised looks from some of the other patrons, we fed each other bites of our respective meals and held hands while waiting for dessert. We talked about books, music, movies plus, as much as he already knew about me, James was insatiable for information, so I relayed more stories of growing up in Houston and then in Forks. Spotting a trend in my Forks stories, James focused on Edward, astutely wondering if there had been anything between us. I told him the truth, that there would have been if Edward had the slightest inclination. For some unknown reason I did not tell him that Edward had been the roommate I had trouble with when I came out. That seemed like the one detail too personal and painful to divulge.
After dinner we walked back to our room and James indicated that we should change into our robes. Puzzled, I complied, and was even more surprised when James led us to the room and down the hall to the spa. Noting my arched eyebrow, James laughed.
"I thought we could both stand to relax a little. You'll enjoy this, you'll see."
We checked in with the spa receptionist who showed us to a room already set up with side by side massage tables in front of a roaring fireplace. We both drank the provided beverage, though I really paid no attention to the description of its supposed therapeutic properties. I was far too overwhelmed by the sheer novelty of this experience and amazed at the care James obviously took to plan this weekend for us. When he reached for my hand, I followed without hesitation.
We washed each other in the large, 2 person shower in the adjoining bathroom, and I did everything I could to keep myself from becoming too aroused to enjoy the upcoming massage.
"James, please," I begged as he stroked my cock with his soapy hand, making me hard despite my best efforts.
"Please what, Jasper? Please stop or please keep going?"
"We can't, " I whimpered. " Not in here . . . we have to get out there. They're waiting . . ." It was hard to talk.. Hard to focus on anything but the sensation of his hand pumping my erect shaft.
"And they'll keep waiting until we're done. Don't worry, Jasper. Time is not an issue. Now, was that a please stop, or please keep going?"
He was using both hands now. One on my shaft and the other around my head. Even if I had wanted him to stop, I couldn't get out a coherent sentence or even the word. I could barely manage a weak "Please . . . ," as he moved his hands faster and faster, sending me over the edge.
My legs we shaky as he milked my cock, so when he asked "And now, perhaps, you might return the favor?" it was almost too easy to grasp his hips for leverage and lower myself to my knees in front of him so I could suck his erection. I felt him reach over and re-direct the shower head so that the water spray was away from us and would not interfere with my breathing, and was once again amazed at his thoughtfulness.
He was smaller than the other guys I'd been with, so it was easy to take him all in, but I learned from our time together that he was extra sensitive around his head, so I concentrated my attention there. Using my right hand to help push back the skin, I sucked his head completely out of the foreskin and ran my tongue in circles repeatedly over his sensitive edge. I stroked his shaft with my hand as my tongue kept working its magic, icing his only slightly muffled groans. I wrapped my lips securely around his head, flicking my tongue against the underside as I started to hum, knowing the vibrations would bring on his climax. I looked up at him and found him staring down at me, our eyes locking in place. I watched a sweet grimace pass over his features and was quickly rewarded for my efforts with a mouthful of his creamy essence, which I swallowed as greedily as any dessert. Unwilling to let him go, I sucked his whole cock back into my mouth and just held him there, my tongue rotating around him, refusing to release him until he was completely soft. Only then did I liberate him with a final parting lick and allowed him to pull me up to stand beside him.
"You, my sweet boy, are so beautiful and so talented," James said as he embraced me, weaving his fingers affectionately through my curls. "I'm a lucky man."
"I'm the lucky one, James," I said, indeed feeling lucky to be with him at this amazing place, "Thank you!"
We dried off and went back out for our side-by-side hot stone massage. After we were done, we returned to the room to find the room smelling of chocolate covered strawberries, the scent coming both from the aromatic bath which had been drawn for us in our absence and from the platter of the real things, which were resting on a tray strategically placed near the tub along with a couple of flutes and cooler with a bottle of champagne. We soaked in the tub, watching the crackling fire, drinking champagne and feeding each other strawberries. I figured I must have turned into a girl sometime over the course of the day, because I thought the whole evening was the most romantic thing I had ever experienced and it just made me feel all gushy inside;
To end the evening we made use of the oversized ottoman in the room by placing it in front of the fireplace for me to brace on while James reminded me that we were both men as he fucked me thoroughly, ramming me precisely to hit my prostate each time, so that I came almost without having to be touched at all.
More of the same followed for the rest of the weekend. We left the room only to eat, hike and take treatments at the spa. We spent the rest of the time soaking in our tub or lounging in bed, taking breaks from sex to watch movies or read some of the books and magazines James had brought with him. Sunday morning, reluctant to leave the sanctuary of our room even to eat, we had breakfast in bed, and I discovered that as delectable as James' cock was on its own, it was ever better covered with maple syrup. Afterwards, James turned towards me and took my hand, suddenly more serious than he had been since we'd arrived.
"Jasper, Honey, I know it hasn't been long, but I just feel there is something very strong between us, something that brought us together after all this time for a reason. After this weekend I am more convinced than ever that you were meant to be mine. So I have something for you and something to ask you, and I hope you'll agree."
He reached behind him into the drawer of the nightstand and I suddenly felt terrified, my throat drying instantly. My nerves did not decrease when I saw him produce two small boxes that were shaped suspiciously like jewelry boxes. I didn't know what to do.
He handed me the long narrow box first. I took it and tore at the paper, since the shape of the box seemed safe. I sighed in relief when I opened it to find a gorgeous dress watch. It had a sleek look and a plain face with no numbers."
"It's a Movado," James explained, "and I've had it engraved . I could have gotten you a Rolex, but it felt too heavy handed for you and much too cliché. I hope this is all right."
I turned the watch over to see "James and Jasper" engraved on the back, along with the date of our first meeting in the café. I was completely speechless.
"I noticed you didn't really have a dress watch and I thought someone who looked as good as you do in formal wear needed one. Do you like it?"
"I love it, James," I gushed. "Thank you," I leaned over and kissed his lips. "But you really didn't have to, and you shouldn't have."
"Nonsense," he waved his hand dismissively, "It was my pleasure."
He took the other box, a much smaller, square box, and handed it to me. I took it with no small amount of trepidation.
"James, " I started to say, but he held up his hand to silence me.
"It's all right, Jasper. It's not what you think it is. And you can always say no. Now please, open it."
I gulped, but complied with his request. I held my breath as the last bit of paper came off and I flipped open the lid. Inside lay a shiny new set of keys. I looked up at James, confused.
"I know it hasn't been long, but I really like the two of us together and, given your current situation and the amount of room in my apartment, it just doesn't seem to make sense to wait. I want you with me all the time, Jasper. I want every day to be like this weekend. And I don't want you to live out of boxes and have to sleep on a pull-out sofa when you would be so much more comfortable in my bed. So Jasper, would you move in with me?"
The relief of this not being what I had originally feared was mixed with a fresh panic about his question. Moving in with him felt like a huge step. Then again, I was pretty much homeless right now, and if things didn't work out I was pretty sure Em and Seth would take me back, so what did I have to lose? James' apartment was large and beautiful and I already spent most of my time there anyway. This would just make me an official resident instead of a transient. the more I thought about it the more I realized I liked the idea. My face lit up with a smile.
"Yes, James. I'd love to move in with you."
FYI: Chapter 12 is emtpy(nothing there) it says...
ReplyDeleteSorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist. Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.
Home
Perhaps you already know this.